Monday, April 03, 2006

Perverts...

DISCLAIMER: This post is NOT against Shaadi.com or Orkut.com. It is against the type of people we see in those websites.

What makes one trust a Shaadi.com and not trust Orkut.com? How are the two websites different in anyway? Both these sites require a person to 'upload' his profile; his photograph; what he wants in his 'mate'... Blah Blah Blah.. Yet, Shaadi.com sees parents/guardians put up profiles of their daughters seeking out a proper match -- and the same parents/guardians wouldnt approve of the same guy if they saw him on Orkut. What is it that makes people trust a profile on Shaadi.com? I totally agree that the levels of security - if u want to put it that way - on Shaadi.com is way higher than that of Orkut, but it isnt too difficult to fake a profile on Shaadi either... I agree that one needs to tread cautiously with a person on Orkut.com.. But hey, please be cautious with the profiles on Shaadi too...

A female friend of mine once very famously said -- "All the guys I dont know are perverts.. Thats the reason I didnt join Orkut".. That made a chill run down my spine. If each and every female had this opinion, then approximately ((N/2) - 10) females - N being the population of the world and 10 being a very exaggerated estimate of the number of female friends I have :D *ahem* - would consider me to be a pervert.. HELLO, I AM NOT!!!! But the point is, perverts do exist.. and what makes u think that the profile that looks so good to you on Shaadi.com aint that of a pervert??? Just how in the whole wide world is it that u trust an alien whom u just met on Shaadi.com and are ready to let ur daughter live with him, yet you wouldnt trust that sweet looking chap who studies in the same class as your daughter?? Beats me people...

Why has the institution of marriage become a maatu sandhai (cow market)?? How is it any different from the way I purchased the digital camera as I mentioned in my previous post? Not too different, right? On the other hand, let us say that I got to use a camera for a year or so, and then I got a chance to buy it.. Wouldnt I be totally confident about the model that I bought if that were to happen.. Notice any similarities people?? The first is the arranged marriage.. The second is the *ahem* love marriage.

So, how many people agree with me?? Lets have a show of hands please...


Whoosh.

17 comments:

Venkatraman Venkatasubramanyam said...

http://static.flickr.com/2/3222503_da90a153e9_m.jpg

IcEyeZ said...

Hahaha..."SANDHAI"...quite close to reality dude...! ;-)...
but everyone succumbs to it somepoint of time...u may never know...if u dont get a gal...even ur profile might be floating in shaadi.com after a few yrs !
(jus kiddin ! :-d)

Sheks said...

kootathula onnu rendu perverts irukkarathunaala matha nalla pasangalukku ellam ketta peru.

Unknown said...

Me Me Me I agree.

Eclectic Blogger said...

arranged marriagea kandu pidiche namme ancestors (son of apes) ku naan mela poi vechirukken da aapu! aana, on second thoughts, adhu illena nammela madhiri sela perukku kannalam nadakkureedhu rombe bejaru adum..

Shiv said...

AFAIK, guys who try to show off that they are the nicey kind are the ones to be feared. Those whom i have known till now - those who are outspoken maybe perverts in speech but not in mind...

and abt the mge, yeah..only wen u go thru it..u really feel tat u need to love someone...Damn Arranged mge!!

Whoosh 2 said...

@Venkat: Wah Wah.. enna individuality enna individuality!!!

Whoosh 2 said...

@Iceyez..:

Correct me if I am wrong.. It is ONLY because of the existence of THAT shortcut that people take the easier route out.. If u had NO OTHER GO, wouldnt u push for the only option available?? And come on, there are just TOO MANY fishes in the sea....

Whoosh 2 said...

@Sheks: Correct!

Whoosh 2 said...

@WA: Thanks.. :)

Whoosh 2 said...

@Kalai: Probably yes.. I seriously dont know when the concept of an arranged marriage emerged! I am a proper tamil student and I have read ALL the tamil ilakiya padaipugal in my school days. Right from Thiruvalluvar who talks abt Kaamathupaal, I havent seen any one talk abt an arranged marriage. Even in Ramayanam, the talk is about a Suyamvaram where Seetha got to choose (well, it was a competition that decided it) whom she wanted to marry!

Whoosh 2 said...

@ Ecletic Blogger: << same comment as for Ice eyes>>

Correct me if I am wrong.. It is ONLY because of the existence of THAT shortcut that people take the easier route out.. If u had NO OTHER GO, wouldnt u push for the only option available?? And come on, there are just TOO MANY fishes in the sea....

Whoosh 2 said...

@Abi: Love a pathi pesunaa pervert aa?? Adhai pathi pesamaa manasukula vechikutu paaakura elaam ponnunga pathiyum adhai pathi nenaikuravan dhaan pervert.. Got it?

Whoosh 2 said...

@Shiv:

I consider myself to be a goody goody guy.. U know me well.. Do u think I belong to the Pervert category????

Gladtomeetin said...

Well...I raise my hands :-))

Whoosh 2 said...

@kalai: i sure hope it does!

Whoosh 2 said...

@Nithya: cool! :D